Legrand’s New Universal Dimming Module Brings Precise Control to Complex Lighting Automation Projects
Wattstopper expands Architectural Dimming solution to enable load agnostic dimming with unmatched precision and performance.
San Jose, CA, May 25, 2016 – Legrand, North America today expanded its Lighting Control and Automation Panel (LCAP) architectural dimming product family with the new InFusion Universal Dimming Module (UDM), which provides effective dimming control of multiple lighting sources. A key product for LED migration, the module provides exceptional support of the widest range of lighting source types and allows lighting professionals to seamlessly integrate lighting without compromising performance.
A fundamental component of Wattstopper’s Architectural Dimming platform, the UDM is ideal for commercial projects with a prevalence of phase control dimming for LED lighting. The 120V to 277V module can be mounted in a main or secondary LCAP enclosure and controls up to eight universal loads with up to four line feeds for a total of 32 AMPs per module. It offers load by load selectable load type (forward or reverse phase) and auto load-type detection through Design Center software. Additional key benefits and features:
- Plug & Play Design: Features module locking mechanisms for easy in-field installation, service, and replacement. Design eliminates the need for field wiring to UDM.
- Custom Load Linearization Profiles: Allows each dimming channel to match the dimming curve of the lighting load to provide smooth dimming and consistent lighting.
- Enhanced Programming and Field Serviceability: Offers current sensing for future energy management, field upgradable firmware, and email alerts for serviceability.
- Code Compliant: Is fully compliant with California Title 24 (2013). Additionally, the UDM is UL, CUL and CE listed.
- Built-in Protection: Includes thermal, current, load type, and irregular load protection.
“The InFusion UDM simplifies the integration with different load types in lighting projects and enables the dimming of any forward or reverse phase LED lighting sources, which had previously been difficult to achieve,” said Andrew Wale, vice president of product marketing for Legrand’s Building Control Systems division. “These new capabilities greatly enhance our architectural dimming solution and highlight our expertise in effortless lighting automation.”
Wattstopper, a product line of Legrand, offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. The Wattstopper range of products, programs, and services have been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives and comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. www.legrand.us/wattstopper.
Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering of solutions for use in commercial, industrial and residential markets makes it a benchmark for customers worldwide. Innovation for a steady flow of new products with high added value is a prime vector for growth, including in particular connectable products enhancing value in use. Legrand reported sales of $5.3 billion in 2015. Legrand has a strong presence in North America, with a portfolio of well-known product lines that include C2G, Cablofil, Electrorack, Middle Atlantic, Nuvo, On-Q, Ortronics, Pass & Seymour, QMotion, Quiktron, Raritan, Vantage, Wattstopper, and Wiremold. Legrand is listed on Euronext Paris and is a component stock of indexes including the CAC40, FTSE4Good, MSCI World, ASPI, Corporate Oekom Rating and DJSI (ISIN code FR0010307819).www.legrand.com.
Reid Cram, Vantage PR
(801) 226-4522(801) 226-4522 email@example.com
Mary Placido, Wattstopper PR
(415) 218-3627(415) 218-3627 firstname.lastname@example.org