How? Show us how you reduce waste by planning a zero-waste luncheon at your site. Organize and encourage employees to bring only reusable (or compostable if applicable) items. Take some photos of your fun, low-impact lunch, and share what made the zero-waste lunch possible and the sustainable alternatives you used to pull it off.
Week 3 Winner: Debra Kaser (Vandalia, OH - DPC)
The Vandalia team did the following:
- utilized reusable lunch bags that they had at home to carry their lunches
- for those needing utensils, they brought in silverware from home
- had either mason jars, thermoses, reusable water bottles, or stainless steel containers for their beverages
- used reusable containers for their food
- used compostable napkins or cloth napkins
They also had a discussion during lunch about the experience of going "zero-waste" and thoughtfully considered how adopting this type of lunch made them tweak their approach at home.