|Certifications that are important in the Cable Tray/Cabling industry: |
- CSA: Canadian Standards Association Certificate of Compliance
- UL: Underwriters' Laboratories
Certification for UL Listing/Classification
- DNV: Det Norske Veritas
Type Approval Certificate for Use Aboard Ships and Mobile Off-Shore Vessels
- E90: Fire Testing Certification
- ABS: American Bureau of Shipping; "Type Approval" for use on ships
- LAPEM: Allows use in plants of CFE
- IMSS: Allows use in IMSS, the Mexican Public Health Care Institution, buildings.
- Transport Canada
- ISO International Standards Organization
| IEC 61537: Global Standard for Cable Trays|
|IEC 61537: Global Standard for Cable Tray Systems and Cable Ladder Systems for Cable Management |
- Wire mesh: historic presence within IEC 61537; acceptance in Industrial Applications.
- IEC 61537 is gaining U.S. presence, particularly for Industrial Applications.
- Cablofil® is the only U.S. tray manufacturer with an IEC 61537 certificate. Our IEC 61537 certificate is verified by our ICM Quality Manager for compliance with IEC 61537.
- All Cablofil® products are tested to meet IEC 61537.Cablofil® meets all IEC load testing requirements, and we allow only half of the maximum deflection allowed by IEC 61537.
(L/200 instead of L/100; L=support span)
| UL: Underwriters' Laboratories|
Wiremesh Certification for UL Listing/Classification
Ladder Certification for UL Listing/Classification
Fiberglass Ladder Certification for UL Listing/Classification
Runway Certification for UL Listing/ClassificationCablofil® cable tray was tested by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for NEC compliance for use as an EGC (NEC is equivalent to NFPA 70)
| DNV: Det Norske Veritas |
- One of the most valuable certifications considered by ABS for Cablofil®'s ABS Product Design Assessment certification (July 2003)
- DNV Type Approval certifies Cablofil® products for use on Ships and Offshore Vessels.
- DNV tests for electrical continuity, effects of extreme temperature, shock, & vibration, and corrosion resistance.
|E90 Fire Testing|
E90 & E30 Fire Tests
- Cablofil® cable tray tested with power and data cables for 30 minutes & for 90 minutes; passed both tests.
- Cablofil® accessories are also certified
| ABS: American Bureau of Shipping|
ABS Certification: Completed July 7, 2003
- ABS verifies that products are manufactured consistently according to certain standards, and may be used onboard ships and offshore vessels.
- Two phases of ABS certification:
- Product Design Assessment - required for cable tray
- Type Approval - required for some products, but not for cable tray (may be obtained voluntarily)
- Like UL, ABS does not have a cable tray standard; ABS approved Cablofil® products based on our wide range of existing certifications, such as:
- IEC 61537
- Shock & vibration testing to military standards
| Lapem Certificate |
|LAPEM Certificate |
- LAPEM certifies Cablofil® products for use in plants of CFE (Comision Federal de Elecricidad) the Public Mexican Electrical Power Company
- One of the most valuable certification in the Mexican market.
- LAPEM tests corrosion resistance, electrical continuity, loading and global quality certification of the manufacturer.
| IMSS Certificate|
|IMSS Certificate |
- IMSS certifies Cablofil® products for use in hospitals, health care centers and office buildings of the IMSS, the Mexican Public Health Care Institution.
- To get this certification, Cablofil® products had to meet ANCE requirements, ISO 9001:2000 requirements, NOM (Mexican electric code) and the specifications of IMSS engineering Department.