PEP now available for our Free Standing Cabinets!
At Legrand®, our sustainability commitment translates into greater benefits and tangible value for our customers, business partners, employees, and the broader community. We are happy to announce that a Product Environmental Profile (PEP) is now available for all Legrand Data Communications free standing cabinets.
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT OUR CUSTOMERS?
Legrand free-standing cabinet systems for data communications can be leveraged to contribute up to 5 points for your building project under the following LEED v4 credits. Our Product Environmental Profile (PEP), a type of EPD specifically for electronic, electric, and HVAC equipment, is one of three ways Legrand can help our customers on high performance building projects.
- Building Product Disclosure and Optimization - Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) (1 pt)
- Credit qualification: Use at least 20 different permanently installed products sourced from at least five different manufacturers that have a product-specific Type III EPD.
- Legrand free-standing cabinets are covered by a PEP.
- Building product disclosure and optimization - sourcing of raw materials (1 pt).
- Credit qualification: Use products that have recycled content for at least 25%, by cost, of the total value of permanently installed building products in the project. Recycled content is the sum of post-consumer recycled content plus one half the pre-consumer recycled content, based on cost. Products meeting recycled content criteria are valued at 100% of their cost for the purposes of credit achievement calculation.
- Legrand free-standing cabinets contain recycled content. Contact your sales rep to find out more.
- Construction and Demolition Waste Management (2 pts)
- Credit qualification: On a project site, do not generate more than 2.5 pounds of construction waste per square foot (12.2 kilograms of waste per square meter) of the building's floor area.
- Legrand free-standing cabinets are delivered fully assembled with optional accessories, reducing setup time and unnecessary construction waste on your project.
View the PEP here.
To learn more about how Legrand products can contribute to your project, go to the High Performance Buildings section of our website.