Believing actions say much more than words
At Legrand, we do more than set goals, we set examples. We're committed to operational excellence because we believe that optimizing the way we manage energy, water, and waste is not only good for the environment, it's good for business. As part of that commitment, we:
- Established comprehensive corporate sustainability policies for Legrand, North and Central America, including explicitly stated goals and best practices.
- Became a partner in the Department of Energy's Better Buildings, Better Plants Challenge in 2011.
- Hold ISO 14001 certification across 15 North American facilities.
- Maintain an EPA SmartWay Transport Partnership and use Certified SmartWay Carriers.
- Earned a spot in the 2018 Global 100 Index of worldwide companies most committed to sustainable development.
We believe that waste equals economic inefficiency, so we strive to continuously reduce the energy and resource intensity of our business. Here are a few of our accomplishments.