Rated 5 out of
Absolutely Awesome Dimmer
I purchased this dimmer as a replacement for some some other smart wi-fi dimmers I have in my home. After having installed and used the Legrand dimmers for a couple of months, I can now say that I intend to replace all of my existing wi-fi dimmers (approximately 50) with Radiant - Smart Tru-Universal Dimmers. Without taking time to discuss my complaints with the other dimmers I will say that the Legrand dimmers address every one of my concerns with the other product. In particular, here is what I like about the Legrand dimmers:
- Works seamlessly with Homekit. The setup was totally uneventful (what a difference!).
- Connects directly to your home wi-fi without the need for a bridge.
- Powered directly off of wall current and doesn't require batteries.
- Works in 3-way and 4-way applications. When used in conjunction with the Legrand Remote Dimmers it can control multi-way switch installations. And the remote dimmers do not require batteries or the use some weird bluetooth signal.
- All of the wiring connections are internal to the switch housing and not exposed on the outside of the housing - this practically eliminates the possibility of accidentally shorting one of the connections on the dimmer against the ground wire in the junction box.
- Does not require the use of a traveler wire between the the main dimmer and the remote dimmers in multi-way installations (this means that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to wire multi-way switches).
- The dimmers seem extremely stable and have never lost their connection to my home wi-fi.
After having struggled for a couple of years with my existing wi-fi dimmers, I am totally impressed with the Legrand product. I hope they continue to grow and expand their product offerings in this area!
Date published: 2020-06-05
Rated 3 out of
I have tried both the plug-in and in-wall devices from this company and while I like both products, I prefer the plug-in type for simplicity and portability. I had a bit of difficulty getting them to sync up with the app initially but after some troubleshooting, got it figured out. The compatibility with my Alexa devices was a must and they work great.
Date published: 2018-11-01
Rated 5 out of
Great functionality and easy to install!
This product was super easy to install and integrate with Alexa, the instructions in setting the Smart Switch with our home network were very easy to follow and everything was up and running in a manner of minutes. Being able to remotely control the lights is very convenient, you can also manually click it on or use the app which is great. It is also still able to be used as a normal switch. The Wi-Fi smart switch looks almost identical to the other switches in our home with the addition of a nice small cool white led to show the switch is off and helps find it in the dark. This was a great addition on our journey to a smart home.
Date published: 2019-12-23
Rated 1 out of
I received the Smart Try Universal Dimmer, WiFi, white from Try It Sampling. Myself and my spouse, who is a certified electrician, attempted to install the device in our bedroom, but without success. There were two pieces missing from the kit that are required to have the dimmer fully functional. There is no way I could 've even gotten that far alone, so this was an unsuccessful sample and I believe it would be for many people who aren't "certified" electricians. Thanks for the oppritunity, though.
Date published: 2019-12-30
Rated 5 out of
For the non-tech-savvy!
This easy-to-install dimmer switch was super-easy to attach to my wall socket, and now I want one for every single switch in the house for every single thing. It was our first ‘smart-enabled electronic, and now I see why ‘smart’ devices are so awesome! The dimmer switch is connected to an app and can even work through my Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. The app itself is easy to use, as well. I am sooooo NOT tech-savvy, and this is soooo perfect for me. It’s been a lot of fun trying different light groupings on different dimmer settings, and one of my friend’s even told me I made the house look very ’alluring.’ I highly recommend this smart dimmer switch to anyone old or who, like me, just doesn’t quite excel at using all the newest ‘smart’ stuff on the market!
Date published: 2021-06-11
Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.1