High traffic and interference in the 2.4 GHz wireless spectrum can possibly prevent the control device from seeing wireless zones in a system.
The zones are setup for operation with the system and either have a solid white LED or a flashing red LED on the front panel. Even with a solid white LED, the zone icons do not show up in the Dashboard view of the control app.
A common solution to this situation is to switch the zone(s) from the default 2.4 GHz setting to the 5 GHz setting.
- 1. Go to the Settings button at the bottom of the Dashboard (the app page where the zone icons are located) and select "Zones."
- 2. If all of the zones are visible on this page, select a zone that is not appearing in the Dashboard. If the missing wireless zones are not visible on this page, see step 7.
- 3. Navigate to the bottom of the Zone page and select "Advanced" "Wireless."
- 4. Select "Wireless Frequency."
- 5. Change the frequency to 5 GHz and touch the "Done" button.
- 6. The zone will have a flashing red LED for a brief time and then it will go back to solid white once the new frequency is acquired.
- 7. If the missing zones do not appear on the Zone Settings page, plug them directly into the network router, switch, or Gateway. Once they are back on the network, follow the above steps to set the wireless frequency to 5 GHz. When they are taken off the Cat5 wire, they will resume operation wirelessly.