radiant® Spec-Grade 15A Self-Test GFCI Receptacle
1597I radiant Collection
radiant® Spec-Grade 15A Self-Test GFCI Receptacle is rated out of 5 by 8.
Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.1
GFCI receptacles from the radiant® Collection self-test automatically every three seconds to ensure reliable protection from shock due to ground fault occurrences. Meeting National Electrical Code requirements for ground fault protection, GFCI receptacles make it easier to recognize and fix trips right where they happen – no more confusion at the breaker box. Maximize safety, in style, with GFCI protection featuring the sleek, clean lines of radiant. GFCI protection is required by code in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, basements, outdoor areas, and for any other outlets found within six feet of a sink or water source. GFCI outlets should always be used when replacing existing GFCI outlets during renovation. Made exclusively for use with screwless Wall Plates from the radiant® Collection, sold separately. Spec-Grade devices are engineered to meet federal specifications for use in commercial installations.
Added to Your Shopping Cart
WHERE TO BUY
- Protects against shock caused by ground-fault occurrences. Unlike breaker alternatives, GFCI receptacles make it easier to fix trips with a reset button right on the device.
- Conducts an industry-leading automatic self-test every 3 seconds. If the device ever fails, the indicator light flashes to signal it should be replaced.
- Equipped with proven SafeLock protection feature: if critical components are damaged and protection is lost, power to the outlet is disconnected.
- Extends GFCI protection to "downstream" outlets when used with feed-thru wiring configuration. Note: Will cut power to face and downstream outlets if wired incorrectly.
- Replaces any standard receptacle with ease, in as little as 10 minutes.
- Features durable, high-impact resistant thermoplastic construction.
- More color options available to fit any style, including finishes to match current hardware and lighting trends.
- Complete the look with a sleek, screwless radiant® Wall Plate, and coordinate with other designer switches and outlets available from the radiant® Collection.
|Country Of Origin||China|
|Product Line||Pass & Seymour|
|Number of Receptacles||2|
|Warranty Type||1-Year Limited Warranty|
|Standard||cULus, UL Listed, FSUL|
|Product Environmental Profile||Yes|
Listing Agencies / 3rd Party Agencies
|Number of Gangs||1|
|Trip Range||4 to 6 mA|
|Connection||Back and Side Wire|
|Frequency Rating||60 Hz|
|Interrupt Rating||4 A|
|Environmental Conditions||95% Humidity, UL 94 V2|
Product Environmental Profile
Guide Form Specifications
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ralph from Design upgrade Clean look and easy to install, matches the other Radiant products well
Date published: 2021-08-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hourly from Great It’s beautiful, really. Easy to install. Plan on installing in entire house
Date published: 2021-05-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Julie from LeGrand radiant line LeGrand radiant switches, outlets, and wall plates look even better in person than online. LeGrand’s online service is fast, efficient and cost effective.
Date published: 2021-01-30
Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.1
Questions & Answers
what is the difference between the 1597W and the 15978WCCD12? What is the finish in the outlet, matte or gloss?
The 1597W comes with a wallplate and the 1597WCCD12 does not. The Radiant line products have a Satin finish.
Date published: 2021-09-01
Are these tamper resistant? Looking for non-tamper resistant receptacle as the tamper resistant are not compatible with some of our appliances.
The 1597BK is a "non-tamper resistant" GFCI.
Date published: 2021-08-23
What is the feed-through capacity of this outlet?
The 15A GFCI's are rated for 20 Amp feed-thru capacity.
Date published: 2020-11-21
this comes with the cover plate
The radiant® Screwless Wall Plate shown is not included with GFCI.
Date published: 2020-04-13
Is brown the same as dark bronze?
No, it is not the same. The Dark Bronze is in the Metallic finishes.
Date published: 2021-04-06
Does this GFI outlet accept a #12 wire. Menards website says max 14 gauge. Legrand radiant® 15 Amp White Self Test GFCI Outlet 3 Pack Model Number: 1597W3PKCC4 Menards® SKU: 3637048 Thx
All of our GFCI's are rated for: Side or internal screw-pressure-plate back wire with #10 – #14 AWG solid or stranded copper wire.
Date published: 2019-01-18
Does this unit need to be reset after a power glitch/surge or a breaker reset?
A GFCI is only designed to "trip" when it detects a Ground Fault so it should not need to be reset after a loss of power.
Date published: 2020-09-08
What is the fault current trip level for the Radiant 15971 GFCI receptacle? Our com
Our GFCI's have a trip level of 4 - 6 mA
Date published: 2018-10-28