radiant® Spec-Grade 20A Tamper-Resistant Self-Test GFCI Receptacle
2097TRRED radiant Collection
Spec-Grade Tamper-Resistant 20A Self-Test Duplex GFCI, Red is rated out of 5 by 10.
Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.1
GFCI receptacles from the radiant® Collection self-test automatically every three seconds to ensure reliable protection from shock due to ground fault occurrences. Meeting National Electrical Code requirements for ground fault protection, GFCI receptacles make it easier to recognize and fix trips right where they happen – no more confusion at the breaker box. 20A outlets are ideal for use with larger appliances and in commercial settings, as well as to meet regional requirements (Chicago, Canada). GFCI protection is required by code in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, basements, outdoor areas, and for any other outlets found within six feet of a sink or water source. GFCI outlets should always be used when replacing existing GFCI outlets during renovation. Made exclusively for use with screwless Wall Plates from the radiant® Collection, sold separately. Spec-Grade devices are engineered to meet federal specifications for use in commercial installations.
Added to Your Shopping Cart
WHERE TO BUY
- Part of the radiant: collection
- Protects children: patented shutter system helps prevent improper insertion of foreign objects meeting National Electrical Code: Tamper-Resistant requirements
- Conducts an automatic test every three seconds, ensuring it's always ready to protect. If the device fails the test, the trip indicator light (red LED) flashes to signal that the GFCI should be replaced
- Equipped with proven SafeLock protection feature: if critical components are damaged and protection is lost, power to the receptacle is disconnected
- Thinner than competitors' GFCI Receptacles: leaves more room for wires in the box
- Feed-thru wiring configuration allows GFCI to protect downstream receptacles
- Meets 2015 UL requirements.
- Prevents line-load reversal miswire: no power to the face or downstream receptacles if wired incorrectly
- Side or internal screw-pressure-plate back wire with #10-#14 AWG solid or stranded copper wire and two back wire holes per terminal
- Mounting screws are shipped captive in the device and wall plate for easier installation
- Dual-direction test and reset button colors match the device face
- Supplied with matching TP wall plate (except NI and DB models)
- 10kA short circuit rating
- 20 Amp feed-thru capacity
|Country Of Origin||China|
|Product Line||Pass & Seymour|
|Standard||cULus, UL Listed, FSUL|
|Product Environmental Profile||Yes|
Listing Agencies / 3rd Party Agencies
|Number of Poles||Double Pole|
|Trip Range||4 to 6 mA|
|Connection||Back and Side Wire|
|Frequency Rating||60 Hz|
|Interrupt Rating||4 A|
|Environmental Conditions||95% Humidity, UL 94 V2|
Guide Form Specifications
Product Environmental Profile
Rated 5 out of 5 by Charlie from Matches kitchen decor Very attractive addition to our kitchen remodeling project
Date published: 2021-06-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marsta from Nickel decorator outlets Exactly what we were looking for. They are decorative and look great with our backsplash. Well worth the long wait for them to come back in stock.
Date published: 2021-06-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great new look for the house New modern designer switches and outlets add a great look to the house.
Date published: 2020-10-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by PSU Mike from Demonstrated Performance, Reliability and Safety I bought several of these devices three months ago and have been extremely pleased with their performance. In addition, these devices significantly improved the appearance of our Kitchen’s Counter’s backsplash.
Date published: 2020-09-01
Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.1
Where can I find the LeGrand wiring devices warranty?
The GFCI has 1 year warranty as stated on the cutsheet: https://www.legrand.us/-/media/brands/radiant/resources/cut-sheet/sf20278-radiant-self-test-gfci-spec-sheet-121318.ashx
Date published: 2020-02-28
We have Leviton GFCIs that false trip when a portable radio transmits. A 2097TR did not false trip. Which of your GFCIs have RFI protection? Thanks!
There is a conducted immunity test that every GFCI has to pass in order to comply with the requirements of UL943, The Standard for GFCI's. In addition to this, we perform additional testing to various noise sources, including walkie talkies and cell phones. All of our GFCI's are tested to this, so all have the same level of noise immunity.
Date published: 2019-04-05
We installed a 2097 TRI 3PK CC4, replacing an older GFCI We are operating a carpet cleaner that has an instantaneous start surge of 32 amps and the 2097 trips as soon as we turn it on. The 2097 also trips against a 12.5amp heater load.
Thank you for your question regarding Legrand model # 2097TRICC4. As part of Underwriters Laboratories testing, we are required to NOT trip when tested with "motor overload," which is 120 amperes so this shouldn't trip with a 32 amp overload, or with the electric heater. Sounds like something else might be going on. Please double check wiring: both line and load side, and hot, neutral, and ground being correct. If all wiring is correct, I would replace the GFCI with a newer date code than April of 2017.
Date published: 2018-04-12