Legrand Introduces New Contain-IT™ FLEX Aisle Containment System
New London, CT, April 11, 2017 – Legrand®, a global leader in high-performance network infrastructure hardware, today introduced Contain-IT FLEX, a new aisle containment system designed to maximize energy efficiency in data centers while eliminating many of the shortcomings that are associated with traditional containment solutions.
The Contain-IT FLEX solution is composed of pre-fabricated, stocked modular components that can be configured or field-adapted to any environment, eliminating the need for custom engineering and long lead times. The system offers airflow integrity greater than 97.5%, helping eliminate bypass airflow and recirculation, mitigating over-temperature alarms and equipment shut-downs that occur due to thermal over-load.
“The right aisle containment strategy can not only improve network uptime, but reduce both the operating cost and the carbon footprint of a data center, making it imperative that data center managers pick exactly the right system to deploy,” said Dan Gosselin, product manager at Legrand. “Whether the challenge is California Title 24 compliance or solving difficult applications, the Contain-IT FLEX solution offers flexibility and superior design, as well as seamless integration into the infrastructure without custom components.”
Legrand’s Contain-IT FLEX is a cost-effective system that offers horizontal and vertical solutions, ideal for hot aisle, cold aisle, or stratification applications. It has multiple support methods, including ceiling-supported with threaded rod, cabinet-supported or via Cablofil® basket tray. It also offers:
- Modular, flexible components for maximum adaptability
- Pre-configured aisle kits with single part numbers
- Configure to order for non-uniform aisles
- Snap-fit for efficient installation
- Minimal installation time
- Ability to support 8 pounds per linear foot of auxiliary equipment
- The ability to overcome obstacles including building columns; city-scape aisles; gaps in rows; overhead cable management; overhead trades; and in-row cooling
- “Ideally, every strategy deployed in a data center will contribute to both energy efficiency and reliability,” said Gosselin. “Legrand’s Contain-IT FLEX solution delivers on these by maximizing power and cooling resources and ensuring more reliable uptime.”
About Legrand, North America
Legrand is a global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering of solutions for use in commercial, industrial and residential markets makes it a benchmark for customers worldwide. Innovation for a steady flow of new products with high added value is a prime vector for growth, including, in particular, connected devices stemming from Legrand’s global Eliot (Electricity and IoT) program. Legrand reported sales of $5.3 billion in 2015. Legrand has a strong presence in North and Central America, with a portfolio of well-known product lines that include C2G, Cablofil, Electrorack, Luxul, Middle Atlantic, Nuvo, OCL, On-Q, Ortronics, Pass & Seymour, Pinnacle, QMotion, Quiktron, Raritan, Solarfective, Vantage, Wattstopper, and Wiremold. Legrand is listed on Euronext Paris and is a component stock of indexes including the CAC40, FTSE4Good, MSCI World, ASPI, Corporate Oekom Rating and DJSI (ISIN code FR0010307819) www.legrand.us.