Since its declaration as a public health emergency on January 30th, the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic has had, and continues to have, an unprecedented impact around the world. In this challenging time, the safety of our employees, customers, and partners is Legrand’s highest priority.
In the midst of so much uncertainty, Legrand is committed to doing our part to protect our teams and surrounding communities, while also striving to maintain the quality service you expect from us. We have put in place several measures at each of our facilities, all meeting or exceeding the highest standards recommended by the CDC and government authorities, to ensure the welfare of our customers and staff.
At this time, all employees who are able have been instructed to work from home and collaborate virtually until further notice. Enhanced cleaning protocols and distancing requirements have been implemented in all Legrand facilities for the protection of employees remaining on site. These measures are intended to help reduce the spread of this outbreak, allowing for a swifter recovery and, most importantly, saving lives.
Additionally, we are currently taking the following measures to mitigate any disruption to our services:
- Working with our factories to maintain normal production capacity.
- Placing advanced orders for long lead time parts and components to reduce the risk of supply disruptions.
- Using air freight to expedite shipment of products to reduce the risk of local inventory issues.
- Offering substitute products, where applicable, to offset product shortages.
- Working closely with our factories and key suppliers to anticipate and work around potential logistics issues, including capacity shortages.
Thank you for being part of the Legrand community. We hope you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy.
President and CEO, Legrand, North and Central America