Wattstopper Architectural Dimming Commercial Equinox User Interface Sets the Bar for End User Experience
Powerful, intuitive, and simple to use interface allows for effortless management and control of the most complex lighting and shading systems.
San Jose, Calif., June 22, 2017–– Legrand, North America today released its new Commercial Equinox User Interface (UI) solution for the Wattstopper architectural dimming platform. The Equinox UI features intuitive navigation and a simple user experience that make it easy for users to control lighting from simple on/off to complex scenes, shades, dynamic white and color control to ‘divide and combine’ applications.
“There are too few interfaces available in the commercial market that provide the simplicity end-users want and that can scale and adapt to changing needs of a space,” said Jon Null, Product Marketing Manager, Architectural Dimming at Legrand. “Contractors, specifiers, and lighting professionals want one device that can control every lighting load in a room that is easy to install and commission while building owners, facility managers, and occupants want simple, yet innovative controls. The Equinox UI checks all these boxes.”
The Equinox UI software comes installed on Equinox touchscreens or downloadable as an app on mobile devices (iOS and Android). When integrated into the Wattstopper architectural dimming platform, this comprehensive solution manages a powerful and complete lighting system. Significant features improve upon the current usability, adaptability, and programming challenges that plague current lighting system interfaces:
- Simple: Provides easy access to perform simple to complex tasks with intuitive buttons. Turn lights on/off with the Room Button. Manage partitioned spaces for both lighting and shades using ‘Divide and Combine’ feature without custom programming. Add and set room functions from shades to color control with the Widget Bar or Favorites Bar.
- Flexible: Presents unlimited options for designing a lighting scene or personalized control scenario that adapts to a customer’s changing needs. The solution can also scale from room to building.
- Reliable: Offers 24/7 control with always-on screens powered with a network connection (Cat5e with PoE). View the status of lighting and shading functions and make updates in real time with live feedback and control features.
- Consistent: Provides consistent and familiar graphical user interface across touchscreens and mobile apps.
- Powerful and Robust: Enables technicians to add custom programming, one-button scenes, conditional logic and other software elements to create the ideal architectural dimming experience with Design Center (3.8.0) commissioning software.
Human Centric Lighting
Integration of Wattstopper Human Centric Lighting solutions with the architectural dimming platform offers one of the most robust digital lighting systems available. Using the Commercial Equinox User Interface on these touchscreens and app makes it even simpler to control lighting, including dynamic white and color temperature applications using circadian schedules
The Wattstopper architectural dimming platform is designed to easily meet precise dimming and energy conservation objectives, provide enhanced end-user experiences, and simplify design for future space requirements. The platform features a range of lighting control panels, intuitive user interfaces, and the capability to integrate with the Digital Lighting Management system for an energy-efficient, building-wide lighting control solution
Wattstopper, a product line of Legrand, offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable, and flexible energy-efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. The Wattstopper range of products, programs, and services has been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives, and comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. legrand.us/wattstopper
About Legrand and Legrand, North & Central America
Legrand is a global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering of solutions for use in commercial, industrial, and residential markets makes it a benchmark for customers worldwide. Innovation for a steady flow of new products with high added value is a prime vector for growth, including, in particular, connected devices stemming from Legrand’s global Eliot (Electricity and IoT) program. Legrand reported sales of $5.6 billion in 2016. Legrand has a strong presence in North and Central America, with a portfolio of well-known product lines that include C2G, Cablofil, Electrorack, Luxul, Middle Atlantic, Nuvo, OCL, On-Q, Ortronics, Pass & Seymour, Pinnacle, QMotion, Quiktron, Raritan, Solarfective, Vantage, Wattstopper, and Wiremold. Legrand is listed on Euronext Paris and is a component stock of indexes including the CAC40, FTSE4Good, MSCI World, ASPI, Corporate Oekom Rating, and DJSI (ISIN code FR0010307819) www.legrand.us.
Mary Placido, Legrand Building Control Systems