SafetyIndigo-Clean is an LED ceiling fixture that uses a wavelength of 405nm to safely, automatically and continuously kill harmful bacteria, such as MRSA and C.diff. The difference is visible because Indigo-Clean technology uses the visible light spectrum, it is safe at all times–even when performing at its highest level of disinfection.
A word on safety.
What do we mean by safe? Exposure to UV disinfection can be harmful. However, because Indigo-Clean uses the visible light spectrum, it is safe at all times-even when performing at its highest level of disinfection. Which means no room downtime, and no worries about safety.
Indigo-Clean is certified safe for use per IEC62471. UV is not.
In the rush to bring new products to market, manufacturers often make unsubstantiated claims. To know for sure, ask for an IEC Safety Report. Here's ours:
- International Electrotechnical Commission – Photobiological safety of lamps and lamp systems, 2006
- International Electrotechnical Commission – Application of IEC 62471 for the assessment of blue light hazard to light sources and luminaires, 2014
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists – Threshold Limit Values (TLVs) & Biological Exposure Indicies Signature Publications, Cincinnati, 2007 (payment required)
- International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection – Guidelines on limits of exposure to optical radiation from 0.38 to 3.9 mm. Health Physics 73; 539-555; 1997
- International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection – Guidelines on limits of exposure to ultraviolet radiation of wavelengths between 180 nm and 400 nm (incoherent radiation) Health Physics 87, 171-186; 2004