radiant® Tru-Universal Single Pole/3-Way Dimmer
RH703PTUW radiant Collection
Tru-Universal Single Pole/3-Way Dimmer, White is rated out of 5 by 4.
Upgrade your space with superior dimming control and exceptional style. The radiant® Tru-Universal Dimmer works with virtually any 120V dimmable bulb or fixture, adjusting to the precise light level you want, without the flicker. Unsure what dimmer your bulb needs? Avoid uncertainty with Tru-Universal Dimming. Part of the radiant® Collection, it also features clean lines and smooth control for a sophisticated touch. Made exclusively for use with screwless Wall Plates from the radiant® Collection, sold separately.
Added to Your Shopping Cart
- Works with virtually any 120V dimmable bulb or fixture on typical residential (and light commercial) wiring. Usable in both single-pole and 3-way applications.
- Self-calibrates when you select your fixture's lighting type, automatically setting the appropriate minimum voltage to eliminate flicker and poor performance.
- Low-profile paddle switch offers smoother On/Off control, while a separate, ergonomic slider allows you to adjust light levels with precision.
- Locator light illuminates when switch is off, emitting a soft glow to help you find it in the dark.
- Constant memory features returns lights to their previous level when turning back on or after a power outage.
- No derating* required in multi-gang applications. *Reducing the maximum wattage a dimmer can handle. This is sometimes required for multi-gang applications.
- Features durable, high-impact resistant thermoplastic construction.
- More color options available to fit any style, including finishes to match current hardware and lighting trends.
- Complete the look with a sleek, screwless radiant® Wall Plate, and coordinate with other designer switches and outlets available from the radiant® Collection.
- Screw pressure plate back wire allows easier installation and fit into the wall box
- Eliminates the need to derate LED bulbs when in multi-gang situations
- For covering patents, see www.legrand.us/patents.
|Countries Of Origin||China|
|Product Line||Pass & Seymour|
|Standard||CSA Listed, cULus, UL Listed|
Listing Agencies / 3rd Party Agencies
|Frequency Rating||120VAC 60Hz Hz|
|Load||True Universal Dimmer|
|Environmental Conditions||Humidity: Less than 95% non condensing|
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joey from Radiant Switches and Wallplates I installed the radiant switches and screwless wallplates throughout my entire house. With a sleek and simple design they look really good. As an architect, I’d recommend these products to anyone. Technical support was very helpful with questions regarding wiring the dimmer switch.
Date published: 2020-11-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jerry from Touch dimmer These are great. I installed 6 all together. They work just fine. One just died on me and needs to be replaced. Kind of pricey.
Date published: 2019-10-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Snow from Radiant Dimmer We had a unique color combination in our kitchen. The switch cover had a wide range of covers that solved the problem. Tru-Universal dealt with the different types of lighting so that I didn't have to figure-out on my own.
Date published: 2019-01-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robin57 from As advertised Had trouble finding a 3 way dimmer that was compatible with the LED's I was using in my basement project. Then I came across this one advertised as universal. Made a couple of calls to the Lagrand tech support to discuss before I ordered 3 of them. Installed them and they work perfectly. Could not be happier.
Date published: 2018-08-30
Do I need a companion switch if installed with 3 way , regular switch?
To complete a 3way installation using the RH703PTUW dimmer, it would be used with any standard 3way switch in the other location.
Date published: 2020-09-22
Why is the dimmer controlling the speed of my ceiling fan? When the lights are dimmed, the ceiling fan slows down regardless of what speed it’s on. Is it possible the ceiling fan need to be rewired because I upgraded the switch?
I would suggest contacting Technical Support to go over the dimmer wiring see it is not designed or rated for fan /motor control. 1.800.223-4185 opt 1 Mon - Fri: 8am - 6pm EST (excluding holidays) Email Us - email@example.com
Date published: 2020-08-28
Installed 3 of these (same box) to cntrl LED lights in our bedroom. They work fine, but get noticeably warm, even with the lights off all night. With the wall plate removed, I measured 105 - 110F on the mounting ears . Makes her nervous, any thoughts?
It is normal operation for a dimmer to feel warm to the touch. The allowed temperature from UL is 140 degrees in Fahrenheit for the face of a dimmer.
Date published: 2020-07-29
Every time I turn the light off the LED binks rapidly and when I turn it back on it recalibrates but the dimmer never works. What is going on? I have a red wire at the single pole black on the black screw, white on the neutral and green to the copper.
I would suggest contacting Technical Support directly to troubleshoot your installation Radiant products 1.800.223-4162 opt 3 Mon - Fri: 8am - 6pm EST (excluding holidays) Email Us - firstname.lastname@example.org
Date published: 2020-07-21
Hello there I just got done installing a tru universal dimmer switch and the led Indactor flash fast and light wont turn on, in need of help
The True Universal dimmer requires a separate Neutral wire to function correctly and will "flash" if it is not connected.
Date published: 2020-07-22
Hooked dimmer to 3 way switch. Previous switch had one red / one black going to brass screws and one black going to black screw with a copper ground. I went black to black, the black/red to brass on the dimmer. Ground to ground. Flashing white led now?
The RH703PTU universal dimmer requires a WHITE Neutral wire to the silver terminal to function correctly.
Date published: 2020-08-13
I just had 4 new led ceiling lights put in I'm looking at the wires theres 2 black and 1 copper. Theres white in the back of the outlet box but they are twisted together. Where do I put the wires???
To install the RH703PTUTC dimmer, you black HOT wire goes to the black terminal, your black LOAD wire goes to 1POLE terminal, and you can create a "jumper from the silver NEUTRAL terminal to the bundle of white wires.
Date published: 2020-05-11
Just purchased HMRWCCV4 dimmer switch at Lowe’s. Employee told me it would work as a stand alone switch for single pole application. Back of this switch has 3 screws... one labeled Remote and the other two labeled Load. Not exactly sure how to install
The HMRWCCV4 is designed to be used with a master dimmer and CAN NOT be used alone.
Date published: 2020-07-19
You may also like...
LC2103-WH | Legrand
LC2303-WH | Legrand