Specification Grade Duplex Surge Protector Outlet (White)
5362WSP Pass & Seymour
Surge Protective Extra Heavy-Duty Duplex Receptacle offers increased transient protection, reliability and protection notification (Audible Alarm with LED Indicator). Specification grade surge suppressor receptacle with audible alarm and LED indicator, ideal for heavy duty power applications. By Pass & Seymour. Back & Side Wire, 20amp 125volt, White.
- Solid-state LED monitor has 25-year minimum life expectancy. A high visibility, wide-angle lens indicates protection is in place.
- LED Indication: Steady green = protected, Flashing re = not protected, OFF = no power to unit
- Audible alarm alert of MOV damage. Alarm able to be turned On/Off.
- Wrap-around steel strap for structural integrity. Auto-ground is standard, for easier installation.
- Impact-resistant thermoplastic exterior resists impacts and scrapes.
- Triple-wipe, copper-alloy contacts for superior, more dependable connection.
- External screw-pressure-plate back and side wire terminals including ground with external back wire clamps (exclusive) accept #14 - #10 AWG copper or copper-clad, solid or stranded conductors. External pressure plate feature allows two conductors to be terminated by a single screw.
- Thermal protection in 3 modes. 3 17mm dual pack MOVs absorb up to 340 Joules of excess energy in each leg (L-N, L-G, N-G) with 24,000 amp current handling capability for full, equal and symmetrical protection. Protection response time in less than one nanosecond.
- For covering patents, see www.legrand.us/patents.
|Countries Of Origin||China|
|Product Line||Pass & Seymour|
Listing Agencies / 3rd Party Agencies
Are the MOVs fireproof? What is the cut out response time?
The mov's in the surge receptacle are protected by overcurrent and over temperature fuses. Our device complies with UL1449, the Standard for Surge Protective Devices, which contains many tests on overheating the mov and making sure the receptacle itself does not fail as a hazard (flame, holes in the enclosure that can be accessed by an articulate probe, emission of flaming particles, or dielectric breakdown to ground). That being said, mov's themselves are not fireproof. For the overcurrent fuse, cut-out times vary depending on the current flowing in the fault condition. For the thermal fuse, cut-out time is predicated on the rate of rise of heat vs. time. As the rate of rise of heat cannot be predicted based on the mov failure condition cut-out time cannot be stated.
Date published: 2020-10-22
Installed two for a customer behind their wall hung TVs and they say that the receptacles are now beeping. Any idea?
The surge protective receptacle has an audible alarm that indicates the outlet has experienced an electrical surge. They also need to check the LED indicator. If it is flashing RED, the outlet needs to be replaced to provide protection again: • Audible alarm able to be turned on/off. • LED indication: Steady green = protected Flashing red = not protected OFF = no power to unit
Date published: 2020-07-21