- Quick-thread assembly screws and cord-grip screws come backed-out, ready-to-wire.
- Industrial-strength, brass alloy plug blades and connector contacts resist heat rise, provide excellent conductivity.
- Raised ribs provide non-slip gripping profile for turning to lock and unlock.
- Double dovetail design provides superior protection against cord pull-out forces.
- Impact- and corrosion-resistant durable nylon 6 shell material.
- Rounded back contour reduces snags and hang-ups on the job site.
- Scallop shell design provides non-slip gripping surface for insertion and withdrawal.
- Visible stamped NEMA configuration and device rating.
- New-design external cord grips provide visible assurance of safe and proper cord retention.
- Integral flexible rubber cord grommet conforms to and seals around SO cord to provide protection from oils, water, or chips entering wiring chamber.
|Product Line||Pass & Seymour|
|Country Of Origin||Mexico|
|Product Environmental Profile||Yes|
|Number of Wires||3|
|Number of Poles||Double Pole|
Product Environmental Profile
Guide Form Specifications
Bazaarvoice SAP Hybris Integration Version 2.8.1
Questions & Answers
Can I use this plug on a dryer Cord
Yes, if our dryer is rated for 30amp, 125/250V.
Date published: 2022-01-11
What is the purpose of holes in the plug blades? On a 20A 125/250v L1420P?
They were originally used to help secure the plug into the receptacle, but modern day receptacles don't even have an internal "bump" to snap into the hole anymore. By NEC code they are no longer required but our plug blades still have them.
Date published: 2021-12-06
Why is the end of the plug changing from green to red
The GCM devices have continuous monitoring: The Green LEDs indicate proper ground continuity and power status. Red LEDs indicate ground continuity loss or reversed polarity. No LED indicates open hot, open neutral, or hot to ground cross. For 250V configurations: Hot to ground cross will be indicated by a green and red LED.
Date published: 2020-11-21
what kind of warranty do these plugs have?
The Turnlok plug is covered by Limited One Year Product Warranty: Obtaining Warranty Service: If the device fails due to manufacturing defect during normal use, return the device for replacement to the store where purchased or send to: Pass & Seymour/Legrand, 50 Boyd Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13209 Or contact us directly: Pass & Seymour products 1.800.223-4185 opt 1 Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm EST (excluding holidays) Email Us - firstname.lastname@example.org
Date published: 2019-12-16
There is no W for neutral on my plug or silver screw. Which pin is the neutral? For the L1620-P
On the L16-20P there are 3 Hot wires and 1 ground wire. There is no Neutral wire used on this plug The Hot wires will go to the terminals labeled X,Y,Z The Ground goes to the green screw
Date published: 2019-02-25
Are the red and blk wires interchangeable as "hot" wires?
Thank you for your question regarding Pass & Seymour 30A Turnlok Plug(Model # L1430P). It needs to be wired as follows: Terminals: X - HOT wire Y - HOT wire W - Neutral wire G - Ground Either hot wire can go to X or Y terminals.
Date published: 2021-06-29
What size wire will it accept?
Good Morning, The plug will accept #18 AWG min - #8 AWG max. Hope this helps!
Date published: 2020-10-31
My wires going to your plug, is green, red black ,white, this for a generator 240 plug to adapt to a 50 amp receptacle for my RV
The L1430P is a 30A plug. X = Hot Y= Hot G= ground W= Neutral
Date published: 2018-12-26