radiant® Spec-Grade 20A Self-Test GFCI Receptacle
2097RED radiant Collection
Spec-Grade 20A Self-Test Duplex GFCI, Red is rated out of 5 by 1.
GFCI receptacles from the radiant® Collection self-test automatically every three seconds to ensure reliable protection from shock due to ground fault occurrences. Meeting National Electrical Code requirements for ground fault protection, GFCI receptacles make it easier to recognize and fix trips right where they happen – no more confusion at the breaker box. 20A outlets are ideal for use with larger appliances, as well as to meet regional requirements (Chicago, Canada). GFCI protection is required by code in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, basements, outdoor areas, and for any other outlets found within six feet of a sink or water source. GFCI outlets should always be used when replacing existing GFCI outlets during renovation. Made exclusively for use with screwless Wall Plates from the radiant® Collection, sold separately. Spec-Grade devices are engineered to meet federal specifications for use in commercial installations.
Added to Your Shopping Cart
- Part of the radiant: collection
- Conducts an automatic test every three seconds, ensuring it's always ready to protect. If the device fails the test, the trip indicator light (red LED) flashes to signal that the GFCI should be replaced
- Thinner than competitors' GFCI Receptacles: leaves more room for wires in the box
- Feed-thru wiring configuration allows GFCI to protect downstream receptacles
- Prevents line-load reversal miswire: no power to the face or downstream receptacles if wired incorrectly
- Side or internal screw-pressure-plate back wire with #10-#14 AWG solid or stranded copper wire and two back wire holes per terminal
- Mounting screws are shipped captive in the device and wall plate for easier installation
- Dual-direction test and reset button colors match the device face
- Supplied with matching TP wall plate
- 10kA short circuit rating
- 20 Amp feed-thru capacity
|Countries Of Origin||China|
|Product Line||Pass & Seymour|
|Standard||cULus, UL Listed, FSUL|
|Product Environmental Profile||Yes|
Listing Agencies / 3rd Party Agencies
|Number of Poles||Double Pole|
|Trip Range||4 to 6 mA|
|Connection||Back and Side Wire|
|Frequency Rating||60 Hz|
|Interrupt Rating||4 A|
|Environmental Conditions||95% Humidity, UL 94 V2|
Guide Form Specifications
Product Environmental Profile
Rated 5 out of 5 by MikeD from Works great and easy to install I had no problem installing this outlet. It is easy to test and reset.
Date published: 2019-09-27
I have purchased multiple outlets in the Nickel color. In looking at the 20 amp GFCI, is the Grey noted in color choices the same as Nickel?
No, GRAY and NICKEL are not the same color finishes. if you want the 20A GFCI in NICKEL, the model number is 2097TRNICC4: https://www.legrand.us/radiant/products/outlets/2097trnicc4.aspx
Date published: 2020-07-27
Is the brown color the same as dark bronze?
While pretty similar in color, the Dark Bronze is more of a darker "metallic" finish while the brown is more flat. Hope this helps!
Date published: 2020-04-17
Your product brochure says 'Buy America Act Compliance.' How can a product with country of origin China be BAA compliant? How do you verify that statement? I need to know for product approval.
We have certain models of our GFCI's that are 'Buy America Act Compliance' and are not manufactured in China. These models will have an "NA" in the part number for North America. EX: https://www.legrand.us/radiant/products/outlets/2097nai.aspx
Date published: 2019-04-29
Is this unit good for surge protection for modern washing machines
Yes it is, if the washing machine is rated for a 20A circuit.
Date published: 2020-04-26